Zander Circuitry Releases New and Improved V2 Junipero 8-Mode Stereo Aqueous Modulator with Enhanced Algorithms
Chorus and VibratoFlangerModulationModulation WorkstationMulti-FXPhaserRotary SpeakerTremoloZander Circuitry
The original Junipero was already formidable, while the perfectionist in Alex Millar has meant that he’s spent over a year refining and improving every aspect of the pedal - which is now re-released as a V2 edition with a better mix of enhanced algorithms.
Most of the physical and technical aspects of the pedal remain the same - while the circuit and algorithms have been significantly evolved and enhanced.
The Key Controls are still Rate, Depth, CTRL (Detune / Depth / Feedback / Blend / Q CTRL), Tone, Level, and Mix.
With the footswitches controlling Tap Tempo, Sub / Tap Divisions, Presets 1-5, and Engage/Bypass.
There are significant changes to the 8 Modes / Algorithms / Modulation Types :
Former V1 Edition Algorithms :
- 1 : Chorus/Vibrato w/ Detune
- 2 : Multi 4-Voice Chorus
- 3 : Classic Flanger
- 4 : 10 Stage Phaser
- 5 : Classic Variable Tremolo
- 6 : Harmonic Tremolo
- 7 : Vibrato & Tremolo Synchronised
- 8 : Ring Modulator w/ Aliaser
V2 Edition Algorithms with Details :
NAME | DETAIL | CTRL | STEREO FCTN
- 1 : CHORUS / VIBRATO w/ DETUNE | 80’s Analog Chorus Style | DETUNE CTRL | Detune / Chorus Stereo Split
- 2 : MULTI-VOICE CHORUS | Lush 4-Voice Chorus | DEPTH CTRL (Voice 3 & 4) | Voices 1 & 2 + 3 & 4 Stereo Split
- 3 : CLASSIC FLANGER | Flanger w/ Enhanced Rate & Depth Controls | FEEDBACK CTRL | Filtered Signal Stereo Split
- 4 : *THROUGH-ZERO FLANGER | More Vocal Phasey-Flanger | FEEDBACK CTRL | Filtered Signal Stereo Split
- 5 : PHASER | 10-Stage Phaser w/ Enhanced Rate & Depth Controls | FEEDBACK CTRL | Signal Panned in time with LFO
- 6 : TREMOLO | Classic Amplitude Tremolo | WAVEFORM SYMMETRY CTRL | Signal Panned in time with LFO
- 7 : HARMONIC TREMOLO | Textured Harmonic Style Tremolo | Q BANDWIDTH CTRL | High / Low Frequency Stereo Split
- 8 : *VIBE-PHASE TREMOLO | Old Amp Pitch Vibrato | DEPTH CTRL | Vibe/Phase + Tremolo Stereo Split
* - New for V2
- Based on Spin FV-1 Chip
- 24 Bit ADC/DAC, 32.768 kHz Sample Rate
- 8 Lush Modes / Algorithms
- 4 Smart Footswitches
- 5 Footswtichable Presets
- Tap-Tempo with Divisions : 1/4 | •1/8 | 1/8 | 1/3 | 1/16
- Top-mounted in/out jacks (with full stereo options)
- Expression pedal input
- MIDI Input
- Power requirements : 9V DC (center-negative) supply
- Current Draw : 250mA
- Dimensions : 180mm (W) x 120mm (L) x 55mm (H)
- Weight : 725gm
- RRP : £299.00
This is a fantastic-sounding and truly smart Stereo Multi-Modulation Pedal with easy to deploy and intuitive controls. The Mix of algorithms has been improved and enhanced, and those instant-access footswitches make live playback a breeze.
The only side-effect of having 4 footswitches in a row is the wider span of the pedal - which means that you need fairly generous real-estate on your pedalboard to accommodate this variety. While there are few to none devices which are quite so easy to operate as this - with obvious visual cues for all the functions and just the right number of knobs for easy tweaking on-the-fly.
I think most will love what the Junipero delivers, as long as they have the space to accommodate it.
The new V2 edition is available right now on the Zander Circuitry Webstore - for a very reasonable £299.00.